- Also in this section:
Selling Your Property in Inverness, Dingwall & the Highlands
Buying a property is one of the most expensive investments most of us will ever make, therefore the decision to sell can be an important one. Before putting your property on the market, it’s worth bearing in mind how your home is presented to a potential buyer, after all, first impressions count!
Our property team have put together a short list of simple and inexpensive ways to prepare your home for those all-important viewings.
- De-Clutter your home to get rid of any belongings that you’ve accumulated over the years that you no longer need. Put things into storage that you don’t require in your home or donate unwanted goods to a charity shop. When it comes to packing up your home on moving day, you’ll be grateful for that clear out.
- Ensure that your house is tidy, but not too clinical. Buyers need to envisage themselves living here, so make sure the laundry is tidied away and your buyers don’t trip over a pile of shoes in the hallway, but don’t remove all personalisation from the home.
- Create a nice atmosphere to make your home feel inviting. Depending on the season, light a fire, candle or add some fresh flowers to brighten up the room.
- Remember that not all viewers will be pet friendly. It may be worth asking a neighbour or a friend to look after pets during viewings. Don’t forget to clean food bowls and litter trays.
- The first thing your buyers will see is the outside of your home – ensure your garden is well maintained to help make a good first impression.
When it comes to viewings, have some information to hand for viewers who are not local, such as school catchment areas, this will serve as a conversation starter when conducting viewings.
The Highland property market is strong, and it is likely that when you list your home for sale, viewings will be plentiful. While the first viewing may be daunting, just relax and you will soon find your way. Your home will be sold in no time!
Contact our Estate Agents in Inverness, Dingwall & the Highlands today.
Inverness: 01463 225533
Dingwall: 01349 866777