International Child Abduction

If your child, or children, have been taken from your care to a foreign country out-with Scotland without your consent, we can offer you urgent advice and assistance in relation to the Hague Convention International Child Abduction.

The UK, along with a host of other countries around the world, is party to the Hague Convention, which sets out a procedure for handling cases in which children have been wrongfully removed or retained from their home country without both parents’ permission. If the Country to which the child has been abducted is not a party to the Hague Convention, advice should be sought from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or Reunite.

We have extensive experience at providing advice of both assisting to have your child returned home or conversely, opposing applications for a parent residing out with the UK. Time is often of the essence in such cases.

At Munro & Noble, our goal is to provide the best guidance possible and our focus is on you and your child’s best interests. Our Family Law Team has experience with both UK and international relocation and abduction disputes. 

Information on International Child Abduction and Relocation can be found within our Child Law leaflet. To download a copy, click on the LINK.

Scroll to Top