The legal system here in Scotland is different to that of the rest of the UK. A lawyer that is qualified to act here, will not be able to act for you in matters out-with Scotland, unless they are dual qualified.
Here at Munro & Noble, Laura McCarthy is a dual qualified Solicitor. This means Munro & Noble are able to act for clients with matters that straddle the UK’s legal divide.
Qualifying in England and Wales on 2nd January 2008 and in Scotland on 12th December 2014, her dual qualification status and experience allows her to act in:
- Property Transactions for the firm involving the sale, purchase and re-mortgage of properties in England and Wales. This is of course beneficial to our clients who are buying, selling or re-mortgaging properties south of the border and/or in Scotland as it enables them to be legally represented by Munro and Noble in respect of both their English and Scottish transactions.
- Debt Recovery in the County Court (England and Wales). With many years’ experience, Laura is able to offer assistance to our clients seeking to recover monies from persons or companies located within the UK as a whole, not just Scotland.
- Family Law advice for our clients situated out-with Scotland including divorce, child law matters and pre-nuptial agreements.
- Employment and Contract Law
- Litigation and Crime south of the border. Laura regularly travels south to represent clients, including at criminal trial.